SOS - Inspired by Danielle

Good morning sugar addicts, rise and shine it's Sunday.

 Traditionally a day of rest, big family lunches and maybe a visit to the house of God.

How times have changed, just a few generations later everyone does something different. I am working today, teaching an over booked class in Oldmeldrum so I will be hitting the road soon in order to be there for the doors opening and have a couple of hours checking stock and laying out the class room before I teach NOEL, our first class of the season using papier mache letters decorated for Christmas. (if your local don't forget next Saturdays demo in Oldmeldrum, we have the fantastic Kate Mellis showing us all what's what when it comes to simply stylish cardmaking)

There does not feel to be such a buzz over Christmas crafting this year, the weather is still nice here in Scotland and no sign of winter, the ranges of seasonal papers and embellishments that I like are fewer than in past years. In classes we are leaning towards showing you the many ways to use products rather than the many product you need. People are cutting back and I always believe that the more ways you can use something the more essential it becomes to your crafting tool box.

What has been your favourite paper range for this Christmas?

Inspiration, we can't get enough of it. We do our bit in the store with regular demonstrations, {thanks Jenny for your hard work on Saturday, the ladies of Elgin sure did get a few new ideas to go home and play with}

Our blog shows off the best DT around, all with amazing crafting skills that they are happy to share with you. Both the challenges on the Sugar Bowl and the Facebook group (The Official Sugar Nellie Group) are there for you to share with others. Inspiration all around us but I am a little lazy and spend most of my surfin time on Pinterest.



 Over there, there are endless ideas and styles and one member that has caught my eye is Danielle Daws,
I don't know much about her other than she has an awesome collection of cards and too many boards to follow. She does love her Gorguss girls and if you have not completed your collection of these out of production stamps remember that FK has them on promotion. Danielle is leading the trend for simpler yet classy cards that I notice is taking over from the multi layer, heavily embellished cute cards. Yes girls times are a changing and so is Sugar Nellie.


We are sad that Astrid and Tiets have decided to move on, they have been an important part of our DT and Tiets especially has been with me since the very first DT, I wounder if anyone out there can even remember who was on the first DT that SN ever had?

Sugar Nellie has its 5th birthday next month, I cant believe the journey this small rubber stamp company has taken, the twist and turns, fast and slow, it has been quiet a ride. We are going to start with a massive cut of our range, after 5 years we have way too many stamps in production and we are going to discontinued many to make some room.  I am shipping a few big boxes over to Debbie and hope that her USA only web site is open for our Birthday, allowing our American sugar addicts a quicker and less costly (customs) sugar fix.

I had better move, its time to load Megan into the car and get my skates on. Hope you have a restful Sunday and maybe a little time to craft.
Take care
Karen

3 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

Oh my goodness! I opened up my reader and thought "Gosh, that card looks familiar"! Thank you so much, you've made my day with so many lovely compliments!
Yes, I do have far too many boards, I think that must be the Virgo in me, needing to keep some semblance of order!! lol

Diane's Card Designs said...

Both cards are beautiful. Love the lush ribbon on the first one.
Diane xx

Jill said...

Hi karen, Marlene, and a lovely lady called Jacs or Jackeline was on your first DT hugs Jill xx