Sugar Nellie Spotlight

Can you believe it is that time of the week again? Tuesday means its time to let someone shine in the Sugar Nellie Spotlight!! How quickly can one week go!!!! I have yet another super sweet crafter to shine today the looovely Ria. Naturally i asked Ria for some info - for all us nosy crafters :p so here is what she has to say for herself :

Hi, My name is Ria van Son and I am living in a small town in The Netherlands.
I am proberbly known by most of my blogging buddies as the Challengeaholic. And I don't mind that name one bit hahahaha it is the truth I loveee challenge and try to play them almost everyday.

I started to create cards again in 2007, i didn’t make any cards for 18 years! In those 18 years I was busy sculpting fantasy figures as Dragons, Witches, Wizards, fairys and so much more, and making jewelry from Polymer clay. But my carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands made an end of my Polymer clay career. And I renewed my love with papers and stamps and Am not regretting leaving my polymerclay career for one moment! I am colouring with my precious Copics since June 2009 and think they are the best thing that is ever invented ;)

So now you all know a little bit of me and if you want to see what I do please visit my blog www.dragonmagic.nl/blog

Now, on to the part of Sugar Nellie Spotlight I am sure you have all been waiting for , some of Ria's fabulous cards!!!!! I know i say this every week, but it really is sooooooo hard selecting cards to share with you all as I always find TONS of stunning creations. I like to mix a bit of old with some new, to share a real variety with you :)

This first card i have to share with you features the fabulous Pen Pals stamp. I love the softness that Ria has achieved with this card, the pastel blues mixed in with the materials from the flowers and ribbon, finished beautifully with the charm and gems - soooo pretty I am sure you will all agree!!


Next I have the beutiful Fairy Maggie to share with you all. Its always sooo lovely to share designs with some of the older stamps. Isn't it stunning and soooo girly!!! If this card doesnt make you all want to raid your old stash i don't know what will!!


Now, would a Sugar Nellie Spotlight post be complete without a bit of Gorjuss? I think not!! There were soooo many Gorjuss cards on Ria's blog - i think she ( like us all!!! ) has a bit of a Gorjuss fetish!! hehe!!! I chose this one to share because i just loooove the pink against the green with the little brown accents - and check out that stunning bloom in the corner complete with pin and ribbon detail - truely Gorjuss Ria!!!

Now, with all the previews for the new Manga images, i just had to share this card with you as soon as i saw it whilst browsing Ria's blog!! I LOVE the monochrome look!! I can never quite manage to do it myself but clearly you can Ria, this is a stunner and sooo striking!!!


I hope you have enjoyed todays Spotlight post, please do go and visit Ria's blog - she really does have a STUNNING selection of cards on there!! DOnt forget to check back next week to see if its YOU!!!!

Lastly - don't forget our candy draw!! You can win Coffee Time here!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ria's cards are absolutely beautiful! I especially love the one with 'penpal'-gorgeous! Congrats Ria on being in the SN spotlight!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Ive been a fan of Rias work for ages, these cards are all stunning! hugs Linda x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

truely stunning and oh so pretty cards. janex

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

thanks for having me in the spotlight :) I feel so honoured :)
hugs Ria

Sian said...

Stunning creations Ria, and congrats on being in the spotlight!
Sian
x